Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tooling around

I'm still working on getting the project in a format that Eclipse will read, and it's tedious enough that I'm starting to wonder if I ought to just forgo this exercise and live life outside the IDE.  Eclipse is a great tool for Java, but its scala plugin is nowhere near as useful in terms of features, and worse still it's constantly crashing.  I've managed to get decent syntax highlighting to work in a number of lightweight Windows editors, and sbt basically works in terms of compiling and deploying an .apk file; furthermore I enjoy it's Maven style directory layout.

The one thing I'm worried about missing by ditching Eclipse is the Android SDK tools (that is, the ADT).  Some of the visual tools for editing layout and so on look like they're pretty slick, and I'm certain they'll only get better with time.  I suppose for now I'll keep plugging away - hopefully by the end I will at least have a useful project setup that other people can use.

No comments:

Post a Comment